Dr. Mouhammad Aouthmany, MD, FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
- Avoidance of isotretinoin for 6 months.
- Avoid retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide 1 week prior to procedure
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures for the 1 week prior to procedure
- Avoid waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 1 week prior
- Avoid vitamin A, vitamin E, ibuprofen, or fish oil 24 hours, notify us if on blood thinners
- No significant changes in the skin recently reported including breakdown of skin or excess dryness
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 1 week prior to your treatment. A treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin
- Skin is clean without lotion, oil, makeup, deodorant, powder, perfume or sunscreen
- Optional: Antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if history of oral cold sores
Day of Treatment
- NO lotions, creams, make up or deodorant in area to be treated
- Arrive with clean washed skin
- Update physician of any changes in medical history and of all medications being taken
- Apply topical anesthetic over entire face and neck extending to hairline at least 20 minutes before procedure
- Use post procedure kit for at least 1 week
- AVOID direct sunlight for 1 week
- Do not do any peels, exfoliate or pick. let it fall off naturally.
- AVOID all retin A, glycolic acids, salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide for at least 1 week
- AVOID all pools, jacuzzi, sauna, excessive sweating, lakes, oceans.
- Apply cool compresses to help with discomfort
- Sleep for at least 2 days head elevated
- Apply only mineral make up 1 weeks after the procedure.